Workshop on Automata, Formal and Natural Languages 2022 (WAFNL 2022)
WAFNL is an international workshop focused on Automata, Formal Languages, Natural Language Processing and Computational Linguistics. Its main aim is to encourage cooperation among formal language researches and NLP researchers in Middle Europe; we therefore also invite Master and Doctoral students of formal languages and computational linguistics to participate.
The workshop will consist of regular papers track, overview and work-in-progress papers track and an open session. The workshop is part of the ITAT conference, which takes place in hotel Tatrawest, Zuberec, Západné Tatry, Slovakia, from September 23rd to September 27th, 2022. The date of the workshop itself is supposed to be from September 24th to September 26th.
A regular paper presents new scientific results
- It should be written in English and it must present new results not published elsewhere.
- If you cross-submit your paper to multiple conferences/journals and it gets accepted and published elsewhere, you must withdraw it from WAFNL before submitting the camera-ready version at the latest.
- Each paper will be reviewed by 2 reviewers.
- Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings of ITAT (CEUR proceedings, indexed in Scopus).
- The final version of a paper should comprise 4-10 pages including references, in two columns (latex style).
- The papers will be submitted through EasyChair.
Overview and Work-In-Progress Papers
Overview papers summarizing the research of the author(s) from a higher level of perspective and work-in-progress papers with preliminary results, even negative results papers are welcome here.
- They will be presented during a separate track.
- The aim is to present the research of the author(s) to a more general audience than just formal languages/NLP specialists – specialists in other branches of Computer Science
- An overview paper needs not to include novel content, however, it should properly cite previous publications that describe the work presented in the overview paper.
- A work-in-progress paper should present ongoing research.
- The format for overview papers is the same as for regular papers.
- Accepted papers will not be included in the CEUR proceedings but a separate volume.
To further encourage cooperation and sharing of information among automata and NLP researchers, we offer an opportunity for anyone to present her/his work, without writing a paper:
- presentation of any own work, including already published work, work in progress, or research ideas, and review/overview presentations:
- bachelor, master and dissertation theses can also be presented
- we accept any presentation matching the topic of the workshop (automata theory, formal languages computational linguistics and natural language processing)
- the presentation will NOT be accompanied by an entry in the conference proceedings
- the title and the abstract of the presentation will only be posted on the workshop website
- each submission will be presented as a poster at WAFNL including a short (5 minutes) oral presentation; the presenting author needs to register for the workshop until 31st July 2022
- please submit here: trough EasyChair.
- Rudolf Rosa, Charles university: THEaiTRE: Automatically generating theatre play scripts Read more...
|Abstract submission (50-200 words)||June 20 June 27, 2022|
|Paper submission||June 27 July 4, 2022|
|Notification on accept decisions||July 25 July 29, 2022|
|Camera-ready submission||August 8 August 11, 2022|
|Poster submission||August 15, 2022|
|Early registration||August 15, 2022|
- Martin Plátek (KTIML MFF UK, Praha), main organizer
- Dana Pardubská (KI UK, Praha), main organizer
- Frantisek Mráz (KSVI MFF UK, Praha), main organizer
- Daniel Průša (KK FEL ČVUT, Praha)
- Markéta Lopatková (ÚFAL MFF UK, Praha)
- Rudolf Rosa (ÚFAL MFF UK, Praha),
- Ondřej Dušek (ÚFAL MFF UK, Praha),
- Karel Oliva (Praha)
- David Mareček (ÚFAL MFF UK, Praha)
- Alexandr Rosen (ÚTKL FF UK, Praha)
- Alexander Szabari (UINF PF UJPŠ, Košice)
- Jaroslava Hlaváčová (ÚFAL MFF UK, Praha)
- Friedrich Otto (Kassel, Germany)
- Tatiana Jajcayová (FMFI UK, Bratislava)
- Gabriela Andrejková (ÚINF PF UPJŠ, Košice)
- Peter Mlynárčik (KFMT FHPV UNIPO, Prešov)
- Peter Vojtáš (Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic)