Workshop on Natural Computing
The workshop is organized as a part of the Conference ITAT (Information technologies -- Applications and Theory), which takes place in the Hotel Heľpa from September 24th to September 28th 2021. We encourage especially young researchers and PhD students to present their work and exchange ideas in an inspiring and informal environment. Submissions are welcome in the area of natural computing, i.e., computational processes observed in nature, and human-designed computing inspired by nature. Topics include (but are not restricted to):
- Molecular computing (e.g., DNA computing)
- Cell-inspired computing (membrane computing, amorphous computing)
- Cellular automata, swarm intelligence, nature-inspired algorithms
- Artificial immune systems, artificial life
- Synthetic biology, biological networks (genetic networks, protein-protein networks, transport networks)
- Deep learning systems and applications
- Rudolf Freund, Technische Universität Wien: The Power of Parallelism in Membrane Computing Read more...
Submissions should have 5-8 pages of two-columns A4 format, written in English, using LaTeX, according to the LaTeX class and it must be submitted using the EasyChair system. Each submitted paper will be reviewed by 3 PC members. The accepted papers will be published in ITAT proceedings available through the CEUR Workshop Proceedings publication service (CEUR-WS.org), indexed in DBLP and Scopus.
|Notification of acceptance/rejection|
|WNC 2021 opening||September 24|
The registration options include either four days (whole ITAT) or two days (workshop only). The fee covers not only participation, but also lodging and full board at the conference hotel. Authors of accepted papers can apply to workshop organizers for waiving the registration fee (for workshop only).
- Luděk Cienciala, Silesian Univerzity in Opava
- Lucie Ciencialová, Silesian University in Opava (co-chair)
- Erzsébet Csuhaj-Varjú, Eötvös Loránd University
- Marian Gheorghe, University of Bradford
- Alberto Leporati, Università degli Studi di Milano - Bicocca
- Andrei Paun, University of Bucharest
- Mario J. Pérez Jiménez, University of Seville
- Agustín Riscos-Núñez, University of Seville
- Jose M. Sempere, Universitat Politècnica de València
- Petr Sosík, Silesian University in Opava
- György Vaszil, University of Debrecen
- Gexiang Zhang, Chengdu University of Technology
The organization of the international workshop is supported by the European Union under European Structural and Investment Funds Operational Programme Research, Development and Education project: Zvýšení kvality vzdělávání na Slezské univerzitě v Opavě ve vazbě na potřeby Moravskoslezského kraje, CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_058/0010238.